Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Importance of Goals

So often I meet people who say "nothing ever goes my way - I'll never be happy."

The first question I have for anyone like this is; well what will make you happy? what do you want? Most of the time they'll answer with things they don't like, things they aren't happy about and things that get them down. Listen to my question again, please... "what will make you happy?"

In my first post I mentioned my overarching goal. Take something broad; you'll find something really gels well, use it... otherwise disregard it and keep looking. It doesn't have to be perfect, you can fine tune it later. What you're looking for here is something to strive for.

I have a favourite quote I regularly use, I'm sure one of the giants whose shoulders I stand upon should be credited, but I'm unsure as to whom to credit but it is; "a focus on survival is detrimental to thriving."

Go - thrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment